THE DARLING TRUST is a charitable trust that assists the Darling community. Established in August 2003 by founding member, former trustee and present patron, Pieter-Dirk Uys – The Darling Trust is set up to assist the previously disadvantaged communities of Darling. The aim: To empower individuals to help themselves, mainly through participation in the sectors of education, skills development and health.
The Darling Trust implements projects that are meticulously planned, effective and fully accountable. Additionally acting as a channel for funding for our communities, by identifying areas of need and assisting those who endeavour to address those needs. Funding to these individuals and organisations is carefully considered and continuously managed to promote sustainability and accountability.
* Pieter-Dirk Uys’s private political activities are wholly separate from The Darling Trust and likewise, the beliefs and stance taken by The Darling Trust are not necessarily representative of those of Pieter-Dirk-Uys. For further information on Pieter-Dirk Uys, please see his website www.pdu.co.za or the website for Evita se Perron www.evita.co.za
The Darling Trust
- Work with the local community in the identification of community needs and to address those needs by creating feasible projects or by supporting existing projects through funding or managerial or logistical assistance
- Act as a vehicle for the funding of community projects in Darling
- Facilitate skills development and employability
- Provide early childhood development facilities and learning
- Facilitate physical and mental health and wellbeing through education and care
- Assist the community with the challenges of HIV/Aids
- Facilitate the identification and development of creative talent and skills, especially amongst the youth